Monday, May 9, 2022

X00207 Elizabeth D'Aye Baptism - Solved!

Elizabeth D'Aye is my 5th great-grandmother. She appears in the book The House of Cromwell and according to the book, she is the daughter of Robert D'Aye and Mary Russell and she married Thomas Addison on 5 April 1762 in Soham Cambridgeshire. Not much else is given about her life, other than details about her children.

Even though there was information given in The House of Cromwell, I did want to verify it myself. I have found the marriage record. I have also found her burial record.

But as for the baptism record there were multiple options that I found. One dated 27 February 1730 - an Elizabeth born to Robert and Mary D'Aye:


And another dated 26 October 1746 - an Elizabeth born to Robert and Mary Day:


My initial inclination was to go with the first one because the surname is D'Aye vs Day, but add on the fact that with the second baptism, it would mean that she would have been age 15 when she got married. So, I've concluded that the first one is the correct one.

No comments:

Post a Comment