Monday, May 23, 2022

X00062 Charlotte Ann Hennell Baptism - Solved!

Charlotte Ann Henneel is my third great grandmother and the wife of Adam Clarke Hook. I knew that she was born around 1830 due to various census records and her death record. But I wasn't able to find a bpatism record. I had checked a number of sources including Ancestry, FindMyPast, FamilySearch and the British Isles Vital Records Index, with no luck.

I had a note in my genealogy database that she had been baptised 1 September 1830 at St. Mary Abbott Church in Kensington, although I'm not sure where that came from.

I had a look for records of St. Mary Abbott Church in Family Search. The church was listed, but unfortunately the year 1830 was missing:


I went back to Ancestry and did some creative searching and found that the record had been indexed under the surname "Kennell" rather than Hennell. It did confirm a date of 1 September 1830 as a baptism date:


A number of trees on Ancestry, however, also give a birth date of 6 August 1830. I haven't found a source for that yet. The year is consistent with all the other sources, but nothing that I've found gives an exact date of birth

No comments:

Post a Comment