Monday, September 30, 2024

X00365: Charles John Slade criminal record

As I continue to research my Slade family, I am working on X00365, which is to figure out what happened to Charles John Slade after 1841. The 1841 census is the last record that I have definitely found him in.

I have come across a number of hints on Ancestry that might be him. Quite a number of records hints have come through for prisoner records for Charles Slade, including prisoner transport to Australia. The records all seem to match the birth year (usually around 1827 or 1828). The name, however, is always given as Charles Slade, and not Charles John Slade.

I have come across the court summary of the trial:



Other than the age, there really isan't anything to connect the record back to Charles John Slade. For one thing, there is no connection to the location of the crime. As well, the record references a George Slade, and I have not come across anyone in the Slade family with the name of George thus far. So, with no definite details to go on, I'm going to conclude that this Charles Slade is a different Charles Slade unless I find some better evidence to connect them.

No comments:

Post a Comment