Monday, March 28, 2022

X00071 Andrew Hook EOL



Andrew Hook is my 5th Great-Grandfather and currently and End-Of-Line Ancestor. To this point I haven't found out much about him, other than he married Elizabeth Logan in Belford, Northumberland, England on 23 July 1786 and was a shepherd (according to his wife's death record). Elizbeth Logan Hook is listed as a widow in 1847, so he likely died before then.

Recently, I've found an index of a record for a burial on 24 October 1820 in Belford for an Andrew Hook. The age at death was 58 years, which would correspond to a birth year of about 1762, which would work with a marriage in 1786. so, it's a possibility. It's not definite, but the name, dates and locations match.

I don't have the original record yet, but I'll see if I can get a copy through the Family History Library and see if it gives any more information on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment