Monday, March 21, 2022

X00196 Ann Halfhyde Green Baptism - Solved!

After searching in a number of places, I did ultimately manage to solve X00196 and track down a baptism record for Ann Halfhyde Green.

I first looked for marriages before 1771 between an Edward Chapman and an Ann. There were a number of different variations, but a few people on Ancestry had pointed to Edward Chapman and Ann Macro as being the ones, so I had a look at that marriage:


The marriage took place in Barrow, Suffolk, where Ann Macro was from, but it notes that Edward Chapman was from St. Edward Parish in Cambridge. So I looked in both places for baptisms and found this one for an Ann Halfhyde Chapman:


So, mystery solved. I have now identified her parents and have found her baptism record. The next mystery, of course is where the names "Green" and "Halfhyde" come from, but that's a mystery for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment