Monday, September 28, 2026

X00402 Mary Woolley Birth Information

I have written previously about X00402 - trying to find birth information about my 4x great grandmother, Mary Woolley who was born about 1809 in Heapey, Lancashire, England.

The only known information that I have about her parents is that her father's name was Jeremy.

I have posted previously about Edward Woolley and family (X00042). Mary Woolley is living with that family in the 1841 census. As well, I have posted about Thomas Woolley and family (X00399). Thomas' granddaughter, Martha is listed as a neice of Mary Woolley in the 1871 census.

Since, then, I have also come across a baptism record for a Catharine Wooley who was born about 1805 in Montgomeryshire, Wales, and is the daughter of a Jeremiah Woolley.

Other possible connections that I have found - a John Woolley and family that appear on the on the same page as Edward Woolley on the 1841 census and a Joseph Woolley who appears on the same page as Mary Hannah Woolley on the 1901 census.

So, here is the current list of possible connections to investigate:

Individual Birth Year Birth Location Connection to Mary Woolley
Mary Wooley ca. 1809 Heapey, Lancashire, England
Edward Woolley ca. 1791 Lancashire, England Mary Woolley living in same household in 1841
Thomas Woolley ca. 1801 Llanidloes, Montgomeryshire, Wales Granddauther Martha listed as niece to Mary Woolley in 1871 census
Catherine Woolley ca. 1805 Montgomeryshire, Wales Has a father named Jeremiah Woolley
John Woolley ca. 1806 Lancashire, England Appears on same page as Edward Woolley in 1841 census
Joseph Woolley ca. 1841 Blackburn, Lancashire, England Appears on same page as Mary Hannah Woolley in 1901 census


Joseph Wooley is not from the same generation, but the others could all be siblings to Mary Woolley. Edward Woolley is the only one old enough to possibly be from the generation before, perhaps a brother to Jeremiah Woolley?

So, there are a lot of potential connections to investigate further

No comments:

Post a Comment