Last week I posted about finding a Martha Woolley in the 1871 census, listed as a neice to Mary Woolley. I had found that her parents were Jeremiah and Mary Woolley and that she was baptised at the same time as a Mary Hannah Woolley.
Then through searching some census records, and eventually a baptism record, I found that Jeremiah Woolley was born about 1828 to a Thomas and Jane Woolley.
So, if Martha Woolley is truly a niece to Mary Woolley, born about 1809, that would make Mary Woolley the sister of this Jeremiah Woolley and the daughter of this Thomas Woolley. But this Thomas Woolley was born about 1801, which makes him being the father of Mary Woolley, born 1809, unlikely. So, if the connection is a true connection, it is more likely that Martha Woolley is a great niece to Mary Woolley
The search continues


No comments:
Post a Comment