Monday, August 29, 2022

X00314 Who is Bonnie Chater - Solved!

Every now and then I come across a document with a name on it where I suspect that the name is connected to my family but I'm not entirely sure how. Such was the case wwith an obituary that someone had posted on Ancestry for a Bonnie Chater.


Unfortunately, the obituary didn't give very much in the way of family name clues. And I did not have the surname Chater in my tree anywhere.

I was researching the Murphy family of Orillia, Ontario and came across a record in Find A Grave for a Bonnie Chater with a maiden name of Murphy. Doing a bit more research I found that one of the Murphy daughters, Eva Beatrice Murphy married a Harold J Chater and sure enough the dates match. It appears that she went by the nickname "Bonnie" later on in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment