Monday, June 20, 2022

Harriet Hardy

I was requesting some look ups from the Anglican Church archives, and although they weren't able to find what I was looking for, they did manage to find something that I was not expecting: A daughter of Lancelot Hardy and Jane Tricker that I did not know about previously, named Harriet.

Her baptism record gives a date of birth of 11 July 1846 and a baptism date of 11 July 1847:


Her burial record gives a burial date of 13 January 1851


So, she died before civil registration started in Ontario and did not live long enough to appear in a census (although the section of the 1851 census where the Hardy family would have been living has not survived). I've never come across a gravestone for her. So these two records might be the only records that survive for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment