Monday, February 7, 2022

X00196 Ann Halfhyde Green (ca. 1771 - 1844)

A few weeks ago I mentioned X00196 and the search for a baptism record for Ann Halfhyde Green. I have since made an interesting discovery - I've found a will from an Edward Chapman who died in 1777.


Interestingly enough, it refers to him as "Edward Green, formerly Chapman", and a few pages in, it mentions a daughter named "Ann Halfhyde Chapman".


So, it would seem that the family at some point changed their name from Chapman to Green - or at least the father did - and the daughter eventually did as well. This might help explain why I haven't been able to find a baptism record - I was looking for an Ann Halfhyde Green when I should have been looking for an Ann Halfhyde Chapman. So the search still continues....

No comments:

Post a Comment