Monday, May 24, 2021

X00231 Mrs. J.F. Hardy

In research my Hardy family, I came across the following article in the Streetsville Review, dated 11 June 1886:



It mentions the death of Jennie Watson, Mrs. J.F. Hardy, a popular Scottish vocalist. Given that her married surname was Hardy and that this was published in a Streetsville newspaper, it had me wondering if there was a connection to my Hardy family.

I managed to find a death notice, but it didn't give me any more information.



I wasn't able to find a marriage record for a Jennie Watson and a J.F. Hardy, but I did find Jennie's death record.



Unfortunately, it doesn't give much more information, either. At least not anything that would link to the Hardy family. But looking at the known information, it doesn't look like I can find a connection. I don't have a J.F. Hardy in my tree. Plus on further glance it seems that they were living in Toronto, rather than Toronto Township, so a possible connection seems slim.

No comments:

Post a Comment