Monday, December 31, 2018

X00245: Solved!

So, it would seem that I have received an early Christmas present this year. A while back in a previous post I mentioned that I had found a marriage between Henry Mundy and Ann Sidney Taylor in an index [D02737].



Since then, I have been trying to obtain the original marriage record and it has proved to be difficult. For one thing, because the marriage was performed by an acting chaplin, it wasn't kept with the rest of the records for Fort George marriages. It also appears that it was never microfilmed. So the question is: who had the original record? The Anglican Church archives said that they didn't have it, and that the Archives of Ontario should have it instead. Then when I talked to the Archives of Ontario, they said that the Anglican Church archives should have it.

Recently I attended a genealogy fair where both the Archives of Ontario and the Anglican Church archives both had booths. So, I figured that I could sort it out once and for all. I gave the information to someone and the Anglican Church archives who ultimately was able to find the original record and send me a copy:



No comments:

Post a Comment