Monday, September 26, 2022

X00326 What happened to Sarah Agnes Hyatt after 1901

Sarah Agnes Hyatt was born 28 March 1877, the daughter or Matthew Ostrander Hyatt and Mary Hardy. I've found her in the 1901 Canadian census. She is working as a domestic servant in Toronto in 1901. But there is nothing that I could find beyond that in Ontario. No death record, marriage record or census record. No cemetery record either.

I have recently found a Sarah A. Hyatt working as a domestic servant in Detroit, Michigan in the 1910 US Census. According to the census record, she was born in 1877 in Canada and emigrated to the US in 1903. So it does fit.

I have found her again in latest census years in Traverse City, Grand Traverse, Michigan at the Traverse City State Hospital for the Insane. She was still alive in 1940, but I haven't been able to find anything to definitely link her to the same Sarah Agnes Hyatt, other than the fact that the name, date and place of birth and profession match.

Michigan death records are only available up to 1952 and I haven't yet found her death record. So it could be that she died after 1952 in Michigan. unfortunately this doesn't give us much to go on to link her to my Ontario Hyatt family so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment