Monday, September 19, 2022

X00253 Who is Eliza Ann Hyatt - Solved!

In the book, Halton Sketches Revisited by John McDonald, there is a reference to an Eliza Ann Hyatt in connection with Lucy Maude Montgomery, who lived in Norval, Ontario at one time. I was wondering if this Eliza Ann Hyatt is connected to the same Hyatt family that I am researching, also from Norval.

So, I managed to find her birth record from 1884, daughter of William Hyatt and Jane Magill.

I next found the marriage record for William Hyatt and Jane Magill from 1870, showing his parents as John and Mary Ann Hyatt, and that he was born around 1846.

I've also come across an index of a marriage record (I haven't found the original record yet) for a marriage between a John Hyatt and Mary McMahon in 1842. Now, my theory is (although I haven't verified it yet) is that this marriage is the second marriage for John Hyatt and that he is the same John Hyatt who married Rachel Ostrander.

No comments:

Post a Comment