Monday, March 8, 2021

X00214 Solved!

In reviewing what I know about the Hardy family, I've come across one issue that I thought I'd have another look at. In my research trying to find the baptism record for Jane Tricker I have found two possible options.



Jane Tricker married Lancelot Hardy (the details of which I am currently sorting out in X00192) and then later on William Carthew (which I am sorting out in X00318)

Her gravestone gives a birth year of 1823 and census records give a birth location of England. Looking at baptism records around that time, I found two possibilities, both in Suffolk.

The first one, [D02614], gives a baptism date of 3 October 1824, and the parents listed as James Tricker and Sarah Wade



The second one, [D02976], gives a birth date of 30 October 1824 and a baptism date of 15 November 1824. The parents listed were John and Ann Tricker.



I then found the record for her second marriage and in it, it gives the names of the parents as James and Sarah Tricker. So it would appear that the first one is the correct baptism.



No comments:

Post a Comment