Monday, March 29, 2021

X00192 Part 1: Sorting out the Lancelot Hardys

I have recently come across some new information about the Hardy family and Lancelot Hardy (born 1827) that has me re-examining what I have found about him and his father, also named Lancelot, born about 1793.

In the process, I keep finding records for another Lancelot Hardy living around the same time in Exeter, Huron County, Ontario. Including a few property records in the property atlases for Huron County:



Based on has 1922 death record and various census records, I've been able to piece the following information together about the Lancelot Hardy of Huron County:
  • Born 14 January 1836 in Tipperary, Ireland
  • Came to Canada about 1841
  • Spouse: Eliza Bissett
  • Died 26 December 1922 in Exeter, Huron, Ontario
  • Parents: Michael Hardy & Judith Ardell




Other than coming to Canada bout 1841, none of the above items matches with the Lancelot Hardy born 1827, so I'm going to rule out a connection between this Lancelot Hardy and the family that I'm researching.

No comments:

Post a Comment