Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Update on X00001

A month ago, I posted my query about determining Edwin Ashton's date and place of death (X00001). Since then I have made an interesting discovery that is changing my perspective.

I've found an Edwin Ashton in the 1939 register:



But here's the interesting information:
  • Edwin Ashton's date of death is listed as 12 Nov 1884, which matches the Edwin Ashton born in Blackburn
  • Edwin's wife's name is Clara, which also matches the Edwin Ashton born in Blackburn
  • But the most interesting thing is that location in 1939 is Alcester, Warwickshire, which matches the death location of one of the Edwin Ashton death certificates that I found for 1950.
So, this means I need to re-examine my previous conclusion. I had previously ruled out that death certificate because the location and timing of his daughter's birth didn't make sense. But with this latest update, it looks very much as if the Edwin Ashton who was born in Blackburn and the Edwin Ashton who died in Alcester are the same person. Watch this space for more.....

No comments:

Post a Comment