Friday, June 15, 2018

Samina Foxwell Williams death information found!

Some time ago I was looking at the cemetery listings for Greenwood Cemetery in Owen Sound. The listings for the much of the Williams family (Thomas Williams & Sybel Foxwell) list the plot location as G-BLO-6.



So, out of curiousity I decided to have a look to see what other names showed up in that plot. I came across a Minnie McInnis who died November 26, 1878:



I figured that Minnie McInnis could very well be Samina Foxwell Williams, youngest daughter of Thomas & Sybel. The age of 36 would certainly match, as Samina would have been born in 1841. And Minnie could be a derivative of Samina. But I couldn't find a death record for her in Ontario. Nor could I find a marriage between a Samina Williams and a person with the surname McInnis in Ontario. Samina was unmarried in the 1871 Ontario census, so the marriage would have taken place between 1871 and 1878.

Recently however, I found this death notice in the listing for the Owen Sound Times Birth, Marriage and Deaths:



Mrs. John Douglas would be Louisa Williams Douglas, her sister. So she married a Joseph McInnis between 1871 and 1878 and later died in Walnut, Iowa. I haven't found the records for either the marriage or the death, but at least I have some more information about both.

No comments:

Post a Comment