Monday, February 5, 2018

X00153 Solved!

I managed to come across the marriage record for William Miller and Jane Hardy, June 22 1857.



Some interesting findings:
* It's not where I would have expected the marriage to be. It's in Wellington, Prince Edward County. I haven't found any connections to Prince Edward County with either the Miller or Hardy families.
* William's place of birth is listed as the United States, which may be a lead, although other sources list his place of birth as Upper Canada.
* This confirms the names of both sets of parents, as expected. One thing to note is that this is only the second record that I have seen that lists William's mother as Margaret. Only the first name is given unfortunately, because I have only found one record so far that lists Margaret's last name, and I have my doubts about it (see X00055)

Update: I had another look at the record. FamilySearch has the location indexed as Wellington, Hillier, Prince Edward County. But I think this is a mistake and the location is actually Wellington County. Most of the other names on the page live in towns in Wellington county and it would make far more sense for the two to have been married in Wellington County, rather than Wellington, Prince Edward County

No comments:

Post a Comment