Sunday, February 18, 2018

X00052 Solved!

It's always nice when you find something that you weren't looking for. I was looking through the baptism records of St James Anglican Cathedral in Toronto. I didn't find the record I was hoping for, but instead, I found this:



Now, I still need to get the original document, but from the index, it appears that I have the proof I was looking for to prove that Henry Mundy and Ann Taylor are the parents of Henriette Elizabeth Mundy.

Also of note is that Frances Moore who would have been her brother-in-law is one of the sponsors. Not sure who Mary Moore is though.

So, as an updated timeline, we have:
  • March 1827 - Henry Mundy marries Ann Sidney Taylor
  • October 1827 - Henry Mundy dies in a boating accident
  • December 1827 - Ann Sidney Taylor Mundy gives birth to Henrietta Elizabeth Mundy
  • January 1827 - Henriette E.Mundy's Baptism
  • May 1831 - Thomas Dority marries Ann Sidney Taylor Mundy
  • August 1848 - Henrietta Elizabeth Mundy marries John McLeod
  • December 1850 - John and Henrietta McLeod have a daughter Annie Agnes McLeod


Of course, now that I confirmed these parents, I now need to start new X-Files to find each of their parents:
X00239 Henry Mundy birth & parents
X00201 Mrs. Oakes who died in 1828 in St. Catherines

No comments:

Post a Comment