As I look for clues as to who might be the parents of Mary Woolley (X00402) I found the family in the 1871 census:
Listed with the family is a Martha Woolley, aged 4, who is listed as being a neice of John Glover. So, she is connected to the family somehow. Could this be a clue to finding Mary's parents?
I tried to find Martha in later records with the family and couldn't find her in anything. I also did not find her in other records after 1871. But I did have some luck in finding a baptism record. From being age 4 in the 1871 census, it would suggest a birth year of about 1867. I did manage to find a baptism record for a Martha Woolley born 27 February 1867 to a Jeremiah and Mary Woolley. In the 1871 census, Martha's birth location is given as Church, Lancashire. The baptism took place in Oswaldtwistle, Lancashire, right next to Church. So, it looks like a good fit.
Right above the baptism record, however, was another record for the baptism of a Mary Hannah Woolley, also a daughter of Jeremiah and Mary Woolley. Mary Hannah was born 10 May 1865, but baptised on the same day as Martha. So, if I can't find out much with Martha Woolley, perhaps I'll have better luck with tracing Mary Hannah Woolley.


No comments:
Post a Comment