Monday, September 4, 2023

X00089 1911 Census for Ernest Ashton - Solved!

I've been trying to find more about Ernest Ashton and what became of him after 1916 (see X00317). I've had some luck with that so far, and have been able to find him in the 1931 census recently.

Another query that I've had involving Ernest Ashton is finding him the in 1911 census (X00089). PReviously, I had found this document:


Where there is an Ernest Ashton working as a labourer on a farm. The age and the birth date are correct (December 1890 vs December 1891). He was born in England and the record shows him as having arrived in Canada in 1910, which corresponds to other records that I have that say the same thing. I also have not found any other possibilities in either the 1911 census of Canada or England. I am therefore prepared to conclude that this is the correct Ernest Ashton.

No comments:

Post a Comment