Monday, June 12, 2023

X00317 Update

Well the 1931 Census is available and so I thought i'd see if I could do a little ore research on X00317 - What happened to Ernest Ashton after 1912?.

I first managed to find Ernest by himself in the 1931 census, living in Toronto West as a boarder



But then, where is the rest of the family? So, I decided to do a search for Clarence Ashton, and found him listed as a step-son:



Clarence is living with his mother, Jennie Massey, it would appear and she remarried a may by the name of William Ashford. To confirm the details, I found the marriage record for William Ashford and Jean Ashton



As well, I found the reference to a divorce between Ernest and Jennie in 1926, although I have yet to find the original record for that.

So I have now found them up to 1931.

Next Steps
  • Check for British records to see if Ernest had moved back to the UK
  • Continue to check newspapers and cemetery records for the family
  • Check Toronto area directories to see if Ernest appears in them
  • Consider the possibility that the date of death in the family bible is not accurate

No comments:

Post a Comment