Monday, November 28, 2022

X00170 Possible Harry Hook in Directories - Solved!

Some time ago I had been searching for appearences of Harry Theodore Hook in city directories including some of these:

1899 Post Office Directory of London:

and


As well as in this directory from Suffolk:


As well as some other directories showing a Harry Hook on Malden Road

I can rule out the Sussex directory appearance, as I have never seen any reference to him living in Sussex.

As for the Malden Road references, I don't have anything that places him in a certain profession or location in 1899; the closest that I have is 1901 where he was a clerk in Chiswick. Nothing to connect him to Malden Road, or the profession of grocer. So with that, I have nothing to suggest that he is the same Harry Hook as in the directories.

No comments:

Post a Comment