Monday, July 18, 2022

X00320 William Hallam after 1881 - Solved!

One puzzle that I was trying to solve was what happened to William Hallam after 1881. William Hallam married Sarah Jane Hardy on 12 February 1863 in Meadowvale. Sarah died in 1876. I found William Hallam in the 1881 census, but nothing definite beyond that.

I have found a William Hallam death record in 1895, but initially wasn't sure if it was him.


The age, place of birth and profession matched, but it wasn't until I did some research on his daughter, Alice Hallam that I was able to determine for sure. I disocvered that Alice had married a Charles Skusky, who appears on the death registration as the informant.

There is also an 1891 census record that has a William Hallam married to an Ellen with two children. I wasn't entirely sure about this record either, as I have not been able to find a marriage record for William and Ellen. But the age, profession and religion all match


No comments:

Post a Comment