Monday, March 14, 2022

X00086 Surname Wright in Greenwood Cemetery - Solved!

Some time ago, I was photographing gravestones at Greenwood Cemetery in Owen Sound. I stopped in at the Mausoleum to photograph some memorials on my list and I found a few with the surname Wright. Since Wright is a surname that I'm looking for in Owen Sound I took photos of them:


The names are:
  • Margaret D. Wright, wife of Herbert J. Thompson
  • William H. Wright
  • Isabel McPhee

I've done some research and have since found out that Margaret D. Wright is the daughter of William M. Wright and Annie Maude Dougal, who are in my tree.

On the other hand, William H. Wright and Isabel McPhee do not appear to be connected to my family - at least not as far as I can tell at this point. William H. Wright was the son of Henry Wright and Elizabeth Gray. And while both Wright and Gray have connections to that branch of the family, I don't have any connections by that name.

So, that's another one solved!

No comments:

Post a Comment