Monday, July 26, 2021

The search for three sisters

Charles Edwin Hewett and Emily Jane Williams had six daughters and one son. Four of the daughters have presented problems as far as finding out what happened to them:
  • Annie Frances Hewett [X00309], third daughter, born 10 March 1872
  • Clara Augusta Hewett [X00311], fifth daughter, born 5 August 1876
  • Olive Jane Hewett [X00312], sixth daughter, born 20 December 1880.
I have posted about Annie Frances Hewett previously.

I have also had difficulties tracking down what happened to their fourth daughter, Norah Eleanor Hewett, but I will save that X-file for another time.

Clara became a school teacher in Orillia and Olive because a nurse.

I have found the three of them living together in Orillia in 1965 from a voters list:


So, they were all three still alive in 1965 and apparently unmarried. But nothing after that. I haven't found any cemetery listings for any of them, nor have I found any death notices in the Simcoe newspapers online. But the search continues...


Sources:
[D04719] Canada, Canada, Voters Lists, vol. 1965: 2; digital images, Ancestry.ca, "Canada Voters Lists 1935-1980,"

No comments:

Post a Comment